Man crashes Car into barriers of British parliament
By: Pam Collins, Xiro Xone News August 14, 2018 Updated: 9:05 AM PT
A man has crashed his car into security barriers outside the British parliament injuring two people Tuesday, as British police are investigating the incident as a possible terror attack.
None of the pedestrians' injuries were life-threatening.
The incident occurred near the site of another attack in London last year.
Police took the man driving the car into custody at the scene say the suspect was unarmed taken on “suspicion of terrorist offenses,” police said. Counter-Terrorism Command is currently investigating the scene.
The 29-year old man who, whose name was not released, was a British citizen originally from another country.
In a news conference, London Assistant Police Commissioner Neil Basu said: “the suspect was not cooperating with investigators.”
“Given that this appears to be a deliberate act, the method and this being an iconic site, we are treating it as a terrorist incident,” Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, told reporters.
British Prime Minister Theresa May praised local officials for their “immediate and courageous” response to the attack.
In a statement London Mayor Sadiq Khan said: “All Londoners, like me, utterly condemn all acts of terrorism on our city. The response of Londoners today shows that we will never be cowed, intimidated or divided by any terrorist attack.”
President Trump weighed in on the incident taking to Twitter. “Another terrorist attack in London,” he said Tuesday morning. “These animals are crazy and must be dealt with through toughness and strength!”
last year, a driver plowed into pedestrians killing five people including a police officer in central London.