Kevin Magnussen Released From McLaren-Honda F1
By: S. Harding, Xiro Xone News October 16, 2015
Kevin Magnussen, reserve driver for McLaren will leave at the end of 2015 season after just two years with the team.
Magnussen went to his Twitter, and said "I want to say thank you to my friends at @McLarenF1. There are a lot of great people there."Shame it didn't work out but I'll #NeverGiveUpOnTheDream.
The British team says Magnussen's contract won't be extended because there is "no space for him."
Magnussen became part of McLaren’s young driver program in 2010. He was promoted to a full-time driver for the 2014 championship and finished second in his debut at the Australian Grand Prix. He was dropped after one season following Fernando Alonso's arrival from Ferrari.
McLaren chairman Ron Dennis says "there is no shame in being edged out by two world champions. We wish Kevin well, and will do all we can to help him successfully embark on the next chapter of his racing career."
There may be a seat for Magnussen with the new Haas F1 team. However, Haas has signed Romain Grosjean so far and are expected to confirm the recruit of former Sauber driver Esteban Gutierrez.