Careers/Jobs at Xiro Xone Media
Xiro Xone Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft as journalists, and provide our readers with honest unbiased reporting. The Xiro Xone brand is strictly editorial news by journalists who respect and uphold the United States Constitution and are not afraid to pursue a story.
Staff Writer - Global News and U.S. Political News in Washington , D.C.
Xiro Xone Media is looking for smart, talented, creative professionals to make a meaningful impact in media. Xiroxonenews.com is looking for a new staff writer who can lead our breaking news coverage of the investigations on Capital Hill and special prosecutor Mueller, and expand our coverage of U.N. Security Council news.
The ideal candidate is someone with knowledge of Capitol Hill, the FBI, and the U.N. Security Council who can give readers an honest and clear understanding and the significance of what they mean for the administration, Congress, and the American people. This is one of the most important jobs in the newsroom at Xiro Xone, and will involve a wide variety of stories. Helpful for the position will be sources on Capitol Hill and in the intelligence community and an ability to cover both individual developments and the cumulative impact of them on the Nation and Globally.
1. At least three years of experience covering the FBI, Capitol Hill, the White House or United Nations.
2. An analytical approach to major stories and a passion for politics and unbiased investigative reporting.
3. Must be an American Citizen living in the United States and must pass an extensive background check. Prefer resident of the Washington D.C. MD, or VA area.
On-Air Radio/Video Reporter
1. Strong story ideas that can lead newscasts.
2. Manage the needs of both TV and digital newsgathering.
3. Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to Xiro Xone mobile platforms consistently throughout the day.
4. Journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
1. Strong writing skills with ability to think outside the box.
2. Live reporting skills.
3. Be able to work under tight deadlines.
4. Must be able to work weekends.
5. Must be an American Citizen
1. Past reporting experience (1-3 years) required.
2. Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent media work experience.
We offer a competitive compensation package, travel per diem and vacation.
Social Media Coordinator
Some people are just programmed for social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. We need people who can contribute to our social accounts and use them to effectively promote our material. This includes scheduling posts with clever pitch lines that present the article content in an appealing light rather than just the title of the article. Also to live-tweet or Facebook events. The goal of the social media coordinator will be to grow our social media platforms, create a voice for each platform, interact with fans on social media and respond to inquiries and comments as needed, etc.
- You are a fan of either News, Auto Sports such as Formula 1 racing and Entertainment. And you enjoy interacting with the public.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English and be able to communicate your ideas effectively.
- You enjoy working both independently and as part of a team.
- You take genuine pride in your writing, and can maintain polite discussions when reporting or posting.
1 You are active on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
2 The goal of the social media coordinator will be to grow our social media platforms, create a voice for each platform, interact with fans on social media and respond to inquiries and comments as needed in a polite respectful manner without inappropriate language, etc.
3 Responsible for creating original content specific to each social media platforms. Experience with photoshop, design, audio/video and editing are a big plus.
4 Must be available to check and update social media throughout the day and understand and enjoy various social media platforms.
Compensation: We offer our employees a competitive compensation plan, and Vacation.
Work & Flexibility: Xiro Xone Media employees are smart, ethical, passionate and hard-working. They are accomplished professionals who think outside the box.
We recognize our employees commitment to their families do not stop when they start work at Xiro Xone so, we proudly offer employees a flexible work schedule depending on job responsibilities. This can include, working from home on certain projects and/or part-time employment.
Interns: If you think Journalism is the field for you, and you work well with people of every race, creed, religion, gender, disability or color, come and intern with us. Must be age 18 and over and an American Citizen living in the United States of America. Knowledge of social media is a plus.
Fill out the form below and someone from Human Resources will contact you for additional information. Please have your CV/Resume ready.